kurt's nightmare

Generally, I post once a week. Topics are randomly selected and depend mostly upon whether it's baseball season or not. Other topics will include sex, politics, old girlfriends, music, and whatever else pops into my little brain. If you'd like to read, or ignore, my blog about China: http://meidabizi.blogspot.com/

Name:
Location: Dayton, OH, Heard & McDonald Islands

I'm an Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Dayton. I represent no one but myself, and barely do that. I'm here mostly by accident.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My Next Book

I've decided, for my next book, to edit a collection of essays. I think what makes it important and of great interest is its fundamental focus and coherence.

Here's the title and table of contents.


Is There A Fish in this Text?

Fish, Stanley Preface


Floundering Historically

Fisch, Max "Hooked on Peirce"
Trout, J.D. "The Line from Malthus to Gould"
Poisson, Siméon-Denis "Distribution and Structure"

Arguing Upstream

Salmon, Merilee "The Bite of Logic"
Salmon, Nathan "Tackling the Sorites"
Salmon, Wesley "Referring and Respooling"

Philets

Bass, Alan "Difference and Disavowal: The Trauma of Eros" (selections)
Minnow, Martha "Making All the Difference: Inclusion, Exclusion, and American Law" (selections)
Pike, Nelson "God and Timelessness" (selections)
Ray, Christopher "Time, Space and Philosophy" (selections)
Sturgeon, Scott "Matters of Mind: Consciousness, Reason and Nature" (selections)


For and Against Reelism

Haddock Siegfried, Charlotte "Nets and Lines: Pragmatic Castings"
Sturgeon, Nicholas "The Hidden Assumptions of Ethics: Cache and Release"

8 Comments:

Blogger Bazarov said...

And I thought I was silly. Nice.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry.

You are.

-kurt

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I await your publication with baited breath.
I know, spit out the worms and bait that Hoch.

another bad ku pun gone a rye.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if people know these are all real philosohpers?

My spring break starts today at 12:50, just in time to have some beers and watch the KU/OU game. If Ohio State loses in its tournament, and KU wins, the 'hawks could get the number one seed overall.

Then lose in the first round?!?

I wonder how many times they've watched tapes of the Bucknell game?

-kurt

11:04 AM  
Blogger Akrasia said...

Funny stuff!

But Stanley Fish isn't a philosopher.

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point; however, Stanley Fish thinks he's a philosopher, and that's good enough for me.

Such distinctions are so bourgeois, anyway.

-kurt

9:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160729
vans sneakers
true religion jeans
adidas originals store
ralph lauren outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton outlet online
oakley vault
louis vuitton outlet
toms outlet
juicy couture
adidas originals
toms wedges
gucci outlet
coach outlet
replica watches
nfl jerseys
timberlands
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
kobe shoes 11
adidas superstar trainers
louis vuitton bags
coach outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
jordan 3s
kate spade handbags
burberry outlet
adidas superstar shoes
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
tiffany and co
christian louboutin outlet
adidas nmd
adidas nmd
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton outlet online
oakley sunglasses wholesale
louis vuitton purses
louis vuitton handbags
adidas outlet store

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Cara Mengatasi Iritasi Kulit said...

It is great to have visited your website. Thanks for sharing useful information. And also visit my website about health. God willing it will be useful too

Obat Sakit Dada
Obat Tumor Jinak diatas Bola Mata
Penyebab Benjolan dileher
Obat Penghilang Nyeri Lutut
Pengobatan Alami menyembuhkan Sangkadi
Cara Menghilangkan Bekas luka
Cara Cepat Mengatasi Iritasi Kulit

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home