kurt's nightmare

Generally, I post once a week. Topics are randomly selected and depend mostly upon whether it's baseball season or not. Other topics will include sex, politics, old girlfriends, music, and whatever else pops into my little brain. If you'd like to read, or ignore, my blog about China: http://meidabizi.blogspot.com/

Name:
Location: Dayton, OH, Heard & McDonald Islands

I'm an Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Dayton. I represent no one but myself, and barely do that. I'm here mostly by accident.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Hey You!

Too busy to write anything of substance, and anything about politics or baseball would be filled with too much invective for this time of year. China stories are on their way; in the meantime, if you want to see pictures, here's a public link to my facebook gallery of images.

China pictures with stupid captions


Some people get mad if I say one thing or another around the 3rd week of December; others get mad if I don't. Christmas, Hanukah, Festivus, Kwanzaa, Divali, Ramadan, Solstice: sometimes they all seem like pleasant enough things, grounded in a long history of tradition and superstition. Not really the best of grounds to get apoplectic about someone doing it wrong.

I'm tempted to stick with "Hey You!"

I hope it's okay, but for those of you who don't have to work a couple of days next week, for whatever reason: good. Have fun.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you would leave out Eid al-Adha. How insensitive.

I am tempted to say that punching thy neighbor in the head for a Tickle Me Elmo does more to "take the Christ out of Christmas" than a secular greeting. But I could be wrong; after all, I'm both a godless heathen and a quintessential consumer, and for the right sale price I’d knee Santa where the Solstice don’t shine.
Sheng Dan Kuai Le.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

replica rolex watches
michael kors outlet
coach outlet
canada goose outlet
michael kors outlet
fitflops sale clearance
ralph lauren outlet
ray ban sunglasses
mont blanc pens
jordan retro
201612.21wengdongdong

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home