kurt's nightmare

Generally, I post once a week. Topics are randomly selected and depend mostly upon whether it's baseball season or not. Other topics will include sex, politics, old girlfriends, music, and whatever else pops into my little brain. If you'd like to read, or ignore, my blog about China: http://meidabizi.blogspot.com/

Name:
Location: Dayton, OH, Heard & McDonald Islands

I'm an Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Dayton. I represent no one but myself, and barely do that. I'm here mostly by accident.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

At least it's April

My basketball predictions proved, as usual, to be useless. I should have thought this way: who do I really not want to see in the final game.

Then those two teams would be there. (Although, to be perfectly honest, that method predicts a Duke-UCLA final.)

Basketball fans can now sit back and watch to see who is leaving: Durant? Oden? All of Florida's starters? Brandon Rush? (I predict "yes" for all of them.) This leaves Kansas looking very good for next year. Which, right now, is about all I care about.

On the other hand, the baseball season starts tonight, with some team from New York playing THE WORLD CHAMPION ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. (I get to call them that until October, you see.) The NL Central should again be a battle among mediocrities, with most attention being paid to the Cubs' codependent relationship with the DL, Albert Pujols, the genuine threat posed by Milwaukee, and the return of Roger "the Whore" Clemens to the Astros, which still won't be enough for them to win with their anemic offense and generally annoying approach to life. Biggio gets his 3,000 hit with his team 14.5 games out of first. Sounds just to me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bazarov said...

I'm by no means educated about baseball, but are they (St. Louis) really the World champions? The only countries eligible for the "world" series are USA and Canada, right? And wasn't there a truly international competition a year or so ago where America got spanked? That's almost like America getting beat in the auto-inudstry...oh, ooops. Or was the American team composed of bench warmers?
Sorry if I've desecrated hallowed ground, I'm quite ignorant on all matters baseball.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very PC of you.

How can one be a politically correct anarchist?

Think of the word "World" in "World Series" as a proper name, with contestable referential content.

I mean, we don't really think St. Peter was a rock, do we?

--kurt

11:00 AM  
Blogger Bazarov said...

I'm an anarchist? Are you? I'm all for law and order, just not sure that the "ideal" system is one that allows people who give money to televangelists the power of the vote.
I'm afraid I don't get the St. Peter/rock reference. I was once given crap for forgetting his name (he's the one that guards the pearly gates right?). I wasn't raised with christian mythology so I'm a bit ignorant on names and such. So I guess I didn't think he was a rock. But I don't think he was a saint either. Which reminds me, did you hear about the nun who was cured by the dead Pope? Why won't anyone call bullshit?

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they're douchebags?

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! That's hilarious! Douchebags! Who posted That!!!! Who do you give money to bazarov???? Something Ideal?? I should hope....:} (Sticking my tongue out at you!) A little. Some reason you irritate and intrigue at the same time. I might decide I like you. I had a professor I felt that way about. I rather like him now. So:

Q: "Why is a Wolf like a Stick of gum?"

A: "They both live in a Pack!"

and

Q: "What does the Water say to the Beach?"

A: "Nothing. She just waves."

and

Q: "What does Frankenstein say to the Mummy?"

A: "Can I borrow some toilet paper?"

Pardon if I've spelled Frank...incorrectly. I am pop cx deficient....my 2nd grader told these to me.

Kurt, are you teaching abroad this summer? I was walking in Tanks, stopping at the door, thinking of your friend stopping because he wasn't 21...you have funny friends. And curious bloggers. Au Revoir.

Jennifer

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home