kurt's nightmare

Generally, I post once a week. Topics are randomly selected and depend mostly upon whether it's baseball season or not. Other topics will include sex, politics, old girlfriends, music, and whatever else pops into my little brain. If you'd like to read, or ignore, my blog about China: http://meidabizi.blogspot.com/

Name:
Location: Dayton, OH, Heard & McDonald Islands

I'm an Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Dayton. I represent no one but myself, and barely do that. I'm here mostly by accident.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote!!!!!!

Really.

Go do it.

Now.

Vote.

And, for my friends in Chicago: Early. And Often.

I'm off to Nashville tomorrow, to do a sho' nuf academic presentation on Carole King, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, and Aretha Franklin. Back next week with a consideration of why John McCain lost. If he wins, maybe I ain't comin' back.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bazarov said...

I can't, otherwise I'd waste it.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"you might as well call him a nigger" - Kurt Mosser in reference to Barack Obama.

9:41 PM  
Blogger kmosser said...

Well, that was brave.

I suppose it is too much to ask for context.

Let me see if I can provide it:

Someone says "Obama is a smug elitist. Doesn't know his place. Has all this education, eats arugala, uses a Blackberry, hangs out with wealthy people. Uppity."

Now how might you respond to such a remark?

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last one was not mine.

Dr. Anonymous

8:53 PM  
Blogger kmosser said...

It is a common name.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Anonymous:
Try Wikipedia's entry on "Irony." It's excellent and might help you to recognize its use in Blog postings.

8:57 PM  
Blogger kmosser said...

"Might" being the operative word.

(Vis-à-vis Anonymous, not Dr. Anonymous, of course.)

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Back next week with a consideration of why John McCain lost."

*taps fingers*

6:30 PM  
Blogger kmosser said...

Yes, my apologies. I meant to write that, and meant to write it sooner. I will try, but, then again, promises are soooo bourgeois.

There was at least a hint in this week's entry:

"I thought incestuous slaps on the back, especially after getting your asses kicked because Sarah Palin was--is--such an embarrassment--was odd. Watching Republicans and conservatives go after each other does have its benefits, and forced me to learn how to spell 'Schadenfreude'."

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"might as well call him {president elect Barack Obama} a nigger. - Kurt Mosser

Words hurt Kurt. Try to be more sensitive in the future. Shock value has it's place, but not in higher education.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you thought that was for "shock value," then I think it is fair to think you didn't understand the narrow context, the broad context, or much of the last 250+ years of American race relations.

Since this wasn't about "shock value," what I said has its place in higher education, and elsewhere.

(You might also notice that this is a personal blog, and states specifically that this does not represent anything or anyone else.)

Of course "words hurt." That's just one more point you missed.

--Kurt

6:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

adidas nmd
abercrombie and fitch
gucci uk
ugg boots
nike air max
timberland boots
prada handbags
ugg boots
ugg outlet
fitflops sale clearance
201612.21wengdongdong

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home