kurt's nightmare

Generally, I post once a week. Topics are randomly selected and depend mostly upon whether it's baseball season or not. Other topics will include sex, politics, old girlfriends, music, and whatever else pops into my little brain. If you'd like to read, or ignore, my blog about China: http://meidabizi.blogspot.com/

Name:
Location: Dayton, OH, Heard & McDonald Islands

I'm an Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Dayton. I represent no one but myself, and barely do that. I'm here mostly by accident.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hoops Du Jour

Ok, a quickie on March Madness. I didn't do all that bad last year:


Kansas over North Carolina (take that, Roy)
Texas over not-UCLA

Kansas over Texas


I screwed up with Texas, but KU did beat North Carolina (and how! Let's not forget that it was, at one point, 40-13). I didn't—and don't—respect Memphis, so I probably underestimate them again this year. (Although looking at my brackets, I seem to be wrong about this, as well!)

I'm not too much bigger on Louisville.

I won't bore with the details, but I've got two different brackets filled out. While this may be seen as hedging my bets, the one in bold is the one I'm going with:

Michigan State over Memphis
Oklahoma over Minnesota

Michigan State

This is the "Tubby gets his revenge" bracket, where all those losers in Kentucky realize he's a pretty damn good coach. Since I think the Big Ten is pretty useless in basketball, I went out on a limb here.

Memphis over Louisville
Pitt over North Carolina

Memphis over Pitt

This is the "safe bracket" pick. Boring. Since both are almost certainly wrong, well . . . .

My surprise teams, other than Minnesota going much farther than folks expect, are:

Missouri, Texas A & M, Florida State, and Butler.

While I wish the Jayhawks the best, and still have time to fill out another bracket that has them winning (beating, say, Michigan State and Louisville), I shan't be too greedy. I'll be satisfied by last year's Championship for awhile.

Enjoy the games, folks!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No Dayton?

5:03 PM  
Blogger kmosser said...

Sorry. I tried to be a realist.

Hence, no Kansas, either.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I filled out three brackets on ESPN and only put one in which KU went as far as the did. No matter how many times I rethought it, I couldnt get KU past Mich St. I agree, it was a great championship, dream team, last year.
The remaining team have me rooting for Roy /UNC. Dont think Villanova is going to allow that. So again I am rooteing for the underdog. Mich St. over UConn is again the underdog but when your hot your hot. Then Mich St against Villanova. Toss up.
Mich St. to win at home, I keep forgetting its in Detroit.

signed
Cajunman

1:06 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

insanity workout, mac cosmetics, vans outlet, ghd, moncler, moncler, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, abercrombie and fitch, jimmy choo shoes, north face outlet, instyler ionic styler, north face jackets, roshe run, canada goose pas cher, new balance outlet, uggs outlet, rolex watches, asics shoes, ugg outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose uk, herve leger, birkin bag, longchamp, canada goose, reebok shoes, canada goose outlet, valentino shoes, canada goose outlet, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, uggs on sale, p90x workout, soccer jerseys, hollister, lululemon outlet, mcm handbags, ugg soldes, celine handbags, ugg boots, mont blanc pens, canada goose outlet, chi flat iron, bottega veneta, marc jacobs outlet, ugg, beats headphones, giuseppe zanotti, babyliss pro

2:58 AM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

jordan shoes
tiffany jewelry
yeezy sneakers
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
adidas neo
michael kors handbags clearance
michael kors factory outlet
yeezy boost 350
longchamp uk
gg

4:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cheap ugg boots
pandora uk
polo ralph lauren
ralph lauren
michael kors outlet clearance
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ugg outlet
cheap nfl jerseys
ray ban sunglasses
ugg boots
201612.21wengdongdong

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home